Tuesday 26 July 2016

DAY TWO Dessert Challenge - Chocolate/Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies




Hey, hey, hey dear fellows!
(Yeh, sounds weird but it reminds me the movie The Clockwork Orange xD)

This is the day two of the Dessert Challenge, but for me is the fourth day of eating low carb, Low sugar and Low fat and I’m already starting to see the progress! It’s magical, and delicious too! I swear that from the struggle of the first day I haven’t been suffering anymore by re-discovering ingredients that I always knew about but didn’t have an idea of how good they were and that many options I had to use them on a healthy way.




But you didn’t think I would be posting tea the whole week, didn’t you? Of course not!!!


So, a question that must be killing many of you… What am I actually eating? Well I’m not a salty food blogger but if you also want to follow this challenge for your own belly to be flat, then don’t worry, I won’t let you alone. Beside of my daily dessert recipe I will guide you with your normal meals for you to stop worrying about that too. For example today I followed this plan that I made out myself:


  1. Detox Morning Tea
  2. Brekfast: Yogurt with Musli
  3. Lunch: Microwave Grated Aubergine (that looks like this) the difference is that I use the Microwave on the Grill setting and takes me literally 10 minutes before they are deliciously in my plate.
  4. 4pm: At this time I needed something nice and before falling into temptation I made one of my tricky sweet recipes, which I could eat with 0 Guiltiness, for example the cookies from today.
  5. Dinner: I took Chicken-Guacamole wraps that probably looked like this ones and got me full for the rest of the night.


As you saw, the most difficult part for me is the craving issue… Yes, I’m a person that is used to take a bite everywhere, in any moment, and following diets never has been really my thing. But if I wanted to be success I needed to control myself, the question is 'how did I suppose to do this when I really neeeed a Gooey to chew??. I really got surprised about the power of certain combinations that I will be showing you and that you will also love, at the time that with only one bite your lion hungriness for unnecessary foods will go away without hypnosis but by actually eating something really nice.


Here is see a list of my favorite ingredients that I have Re-Discovered this week

  • Peanut butter
  • Avocado
  • Cocoa Powder
  • Chia Seeds
  • Honey
  • Oats
  • Coconut
  • Cinnamon
  • Almonds
  • Olive Oil

It’s incredible how you can transform this ingredients to fit in wonderful desserts as a avocado-chocolate mousse or a Chia Seeds Pudding, or even This delicious Chocolate-Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies that are the best for the craving, don’t have any butter, flour or sugar and the best, the peanut butter is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G, Is full of protein, vitamins and fiber and it taste so good! Seriously, I will tell you that when I found out that if I want to eat something overnight and I don’t have anything healthy around, you can perfectly take a spoon of Peanut Butter and lick it, I was the happier woman in the planet. Peanut butter changed my life hehehe...

Once you make this cookies, you will have a source of happiness stored in your pantry, and better, it will help you to burn the fat and with only ONE bite you will feel truly satisfied. So let’s jump to the recipe right now please!









Chocolate-Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
For 30 halfs - 15 Sandwiches



Ingredients

1 c Almond flour
1/2 c Oats
1/3 c Cocoa Powder
6 tbsp. Raw Honey
5 tbsp. Olive Oil
1/2 tsp. Baking powder
Pinch of salt
Pinch of Cinnamon
Peanut Butter to fill up


Procedure

Preheat the oven to 170 C°

Combine the almond flour and the oats on the food processor and give it a few pulses until the oats is finer.




Add this mix in a bowl and pour over the powders all the rest of the ingredients and combine with a spatula.

Scoop the mix with a teaspoon (remember they are bites and will be eaten from two to two). You should end up with around 30 cookies. Give them round and flat shape, as they don’t have any butter to be melted in the oven, they will keep the shape you give them.




Bake for around 8 minutes and let cool into the oven for more crispiness.

Assambling

You know, this doesn’t have science. Take the peanut butter with a spatula and spread it in one half, then take another half and complete the sandwich. If you want to get technical, you also can use a pastry bag to pipe the peanut butter on the cookie.

Take a bite and burn that fat on the most delicious way…

Last Details

Make sure you don’t eat the whole batch of cookies in one hour, share it with your kids and your hubby or storage them in a airtight container, better if is glass.


Note: Is important to mention that taking a challenge like this is not signing a contract to a whole new rabbit life without other option. What I’m trying to get with this is to open my mind to a whole new world full with possibilities. It doesn't mean I wont ever make a cake again, but certainly, if I already was getting sick of eating the same bread roll all the time, now I will think on it better and I will have many other ideas that will make me feel as good or even better. I also do this in support to many friends that live with allergies or diseases that conditions them to stay in the margin as the options for them are sometimes limited. So it doesn’t have anything to do with the cakes, ok? As you know, I am a cake lover and a Classic cake with flour, butter, sugar and milk always will be my love…

No comments:

Post a Comment